I was thinking it might be a fun project and a good way to face The Books. September is a good time to start new projects. (My 2011 projects of cooking one new thing a month is cruising right long, and I'm at 34 books of 50 - I should start reading a little faster - but visiting one new place a month has fallen by the wayside).
What would be on your list of 12 books that you keep meaning to get? Anyone else interested in playing along?
In no particular order:
2. Gone with the Wind (Margaret Mitchell)
4. Guns, germs, and steel: the fates of human societies (Jared M. Diamond)
5. And the Band Played On (Randy Shilts)
6. Bleak House (Dickens)
7. Jane Eyre (Charlotte Brontë)
8. The Hobbit (Tolkien)
9. The Dark is Rising (Susan Cooper)
10. A Problem from Hell: America and the Age of Genocide, Samantha Power
11. Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen) [in progress]
12. The Black Moth (Georgette Heyer)