- Jeff and I were going into town Thursday night to have dinner with a friend, and a wild turkey and a baby turkey crossed our path. Baby turkey! The thing was like, 4 inches tall. We were both so stunned with cute that we did not get a picture.
- The other night, a possum came up and walked along the railing of the house underneath the office window (to the avid interest of Marty, alas).
- We have bats. We were just watching them swoop around, because...
- The outdoor kitten (I really need to call and make that appointment to pick up a trap) was playing and hunting underneath the clothes line. So. cute.
- This afternoon on the way home, someone's cows had broken their fence and were milling around. Alas, I don't know whose field it is, and there's no house right by there. I did flag down someone a few houses up, though, and she thought she knew who to call about the cows. As I preceded down the road, a couple of guys in big trucks with concerned expressions were headed the other way towards the field, so hopefully they were on cow patrol.
[eta] And I forgot the deer and the rabbits. And the other cat.