The house has gotten really groddy over the last 6 months or so (no, I'm not just being modest; I'm hesitant to let anyone else who doesn't live here into it, with the exception of my mother), so Operation Clean the Damn House has commenced.
Yesterday's progress: cleaned off the left hand side of the kitchen counter; set up the toaster oven.
- cleaned the toilet and bathroom sink
- scrubbed the stove, including taking off the burners and scrubbing the drip pans
- changed the cat box
- scrubbed the right hand side of the kitchen counter
- took out the bathroom trash, and the trash from my side of the office and Val's office trash can
- cleaned out the corner of the central hallway that had started to accumulate too much crap (including, I'm pretty sure, Jimmy Hoffa)
- ran a load of laundry from the accumulation
- did some straightening on my desk
- boxed up a bunch of receipts until they can be shredded
- found somewhere to keep my shoes (other than all over the living room floor)