random bits of today:
1. We did not get the Son of Snowpacalypse today, after all. It did snow this morning, big fat wet flakes that melted as soon as they hit the ground. Pretty and ephemeral, as snow should be.
2. The older I get, the creepier Mr. Big's song "To Be With You" gets. When I was a teen, this was like some kind of weird good guy anthem; now it just comes across as creepy and stalkerish and paternalistic. Why did I put this on my driving mix this morning?
3. I've been listening to so much This American Life
in the car lately that I've been hearing my days narrated in Ira Glass's voice, and in the cadance that contributors to TAL tend to use. Hence, the switch to music for awhile.
4. On the other hand, I've got a ton of books out of the library that I heard about on TAL, so it's not all bad.
5. I tried to listen to Bill Bryson's Notes from a Small Island
in the car, and I think I've concluded that (A Walk in the Woods
excepted), I am just not the target audience for his particular brand of, erm, humor.
6. Things that tick me off? Tailgating me in a school zone.
7. The latest batch of stats homework is bad, very very bad. So bad we're going to roll back a chapter on Monday bad. Sigh.
8. I managed to leave my thumb drive in my office at the university. This is urksome.
9. We are having people over Saturday and the house is nowhere near ready yet. The good thing is, it shouldn't be too bad if we get our rears in gear tomorrow.
10. I'm craving brown rice, peanut sauce, $protein, and collards. Since I'm the only one in the house who will eat such a combination, I think I have lunch for next week lined up.