The crescent rolls were a no go, as the milk had gone off (again. I've turned the fridge to colder). So I mixed 2 cups of flour with 1 tbs sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp yeast, and enough oil until it looked slightly less crumbly than what I'd aim for for biscuits. I mixed enough water into it so that it was moist but not sloppy and all pulled into a ball, put a plate over the bowl, and ignored it for a couple hours.
Once the dough had about doubled, I pulled it off into small pieces, flattened them into circles, rolled them into rough crescents, put them on a oiled cookie sheet, and stuck them into the oven to rise again.
Meantime, I grated an onion and stuck it in a pan on medium low to caramelize, and chopped up 5 cloves of garlic or so. They went into the pan too. While all of that cooked, I cut up a little over a pound of beautiful pork chops that we'd gotten today into bite sized pieces. They went into a bowl with a couple of tablespoons of flour, and I thoroughly coated them with the flour, and a little bit of salt.
The onions and garlic were good and cooked by now, so they came out of the pan, more oil went in, and the pork went in. I browned the pork, then added in generous glops of dried sage, oregano, and caraway seeds. I then deglazed the pan with a bit of cider vinegar, added back in the onions and garlic, and added about 16 ounces of beef stock. I wanted some tomato flavor, but didn't want to open a whole can of tomato puree, so I added about a tablespoon of ketchup. I tasted, decided it was too vinegary for Jeff, added in about another 8 ounces of stock, brought the whole thing to a boil, and then turned it down to almost low for an hour, where it simmered. The rolls cooked for about 25 minutes at 375.
Amazing. Tasty. And really, it took more time to type out than cook. It needed more broth, but there's some leftover pork, which I think is going to be very good over brown rice for lunch Monday.