have i mentioned that i'm extremely grateful to have been born now, right now? we're on the brink of seeing same-sex marriage legalized. most of my friends, if they don't quite get the poly thing, are at least willing to try to get it, or at least let it go, even if they don't quite approve. i can download music off the internet to listen to (and even go out and buy some of it, one of these days after i've moved and paid tuition and gotten a second job and all that jazz.) i can take classes on the 'net and do my homework in my pj's. i can keep up with friends across the country easily. i can go out, when i am so inclined, and find tasty, healthy, decently priced vegeterian food almost anywhere.
things aren't perfect, not at all, and ten twenty thirty years from now, things will probably be better (at least from my point of view). but they aren't all that bad now. =)
- got 8.5 hours of glorious sleep
- ate a healthy breakfast
- ran dishes
- worked on my class discussion
- read (well, skimmed) a chapter of philosophy and took the quiz, got a 95
- wrote my representative about that idiot who holds the highest non-elected office in our land
- went and had a lovely lunch with Ms. Tonya... pizza so good i lost my train of thought
- bought cheese. like, good cheese. i was having a fierce craving for anything but cheddar. this counts as an accomplishment, yes... =)
- sent off a resume for a second job
think it's time to go start some laundry, then find a book and the couch for a bit...
the fine folks we're trying to lease an apartment from finally called us back; we sign our lease at 1045 on Saturday morning. we'd turned in the apps and deposits ages ago, but then a kink came up, and they kept forgetting to call us and tell us we were actually approved.
power gets turned up Friday. internet signed up for (Earthlink, $30 a month and no installation charges, can't argue with that). i wanted a Sunday appointment for the install, but i went temporarily insane and forgot that they don't do things like install cable on Sundays around here. *mutter* so i'll get my choice of having them come Saturday among the chaos or Monday after work. we'll see what they have when they call me.
plane tickets ordered. wheee.