- Friday night we went over to my parents' house and had dinner. Faith was in town for a quick visit, and since her next two weekends off coincide with my being out of town, we availed ourselves. We ate stew and talked and went for a walk, and it was lovely and low key.
- Saturday we, um... went to the farmer's market (the insanely crowded farmer's market, hello, where did all these people come from. Fantastic for the farmers, but goodness) and read a lot. I made homemade pizza for dinner (half wheat half white crust, natural/non-hormone cheese, organic tomato sauce, local pepperoni, REALLY really tasty). I'm two-thirds of the way through Bone Crossed, and it's fantastic. A little more magic and a little less action than the previous three, which makes sense given the direction of Mercy's life but which trips my "please don't go the way of Laurel K. Hamilton" buttons (and thanks for the advice, folks, I'll give the new book a pass), but so far, it's not going that way. I know I'm going to finish this book and go "Okay, noms, where's the next one?" but she's working on it, according to her website, and in the meantime, I have the Alpha & Omega books to start on. Hee.
There was also a lot of Command & Conquer this weekend.
- Yesterday was mostly lazy, though Jeff and I trooped out to Country park and went for an hour long walk in the middle of the afternoon. I talked to Hope on the phone, we read and gamed more, Jeff's mom cooked dinner. Yay weekends.
- Friday, I was driving around on board business, came out of a parking lot that had a really awful bump in it, didn't realize there was a bad bump, and knocked my exhaust pipe apart. It's a five minute fix - it's been like this for months - but it takes shimmying under the car, preferably while it's on ramps. It sounds much worse than it is; I think the GM of the co-op was really worried about my poor car. I got him dropped off at the co-op, called Jeff to let him know that my poor car needed some love, and drove home. When Jeff went to go put my car up on the ramps, he noticed that my back left tire was flat. I was still driving on the spare from the last flat (whoops), so now my car is grounded. I don't really need it this week, so we're ordering decent quality tires and wheels at a pretty good price, instead of putting cheap ones on her, so that we're not doing this again in 6 months or a year. Wheee.
- Last week, I stepped on a bee. I had swelling and itching, which went away, but now the swelling and itching are back. WTF, body? I'm icing the swollen toe and hoping that will fix things.
- It's raining. Yay rain. Dear rain, get out of the weather system today so that you don't rain tomorrow, okay? (artisanal_xara, are we still on, if it's sunny?)
How are you guys this morning?