Days in bullet points:
- farmer's market, library
- Taco Bell for lunch
- Office Depot to look at desks and talk about what we liked and what we didn't. It's time to upgrade from the folding tables. However, Office Depot had, well, crap. This was not unexpected, and we hadn't intended on buying anything, but it would have been nice to get a better idea of what we liked and didn't.
- home. Second lunches. Back out to Lowes for wood for yet another bookshelf. Goulash for dinner (nomnomnoms). We might have watched BSG. I probably did some grading.
- went out to an autocross with Jeff for awhile in the morning. He is much more into cars than I am, but it was interesting to see what was running and to start to see the little differences in the runs.
- our favorite Mexican joint for lunch. Noms.
- sent him back out to the autocross. Made some amazing
bread. Got a whole lot of work done - grading, planning for the week, catching up on attendance. We watched the Marxism gets introduced to the fleet episode of BSG, which was much better than I thought it was going to be by the end, and which amused me to no end as a sociologist (and someone who just talked about Marx in her intro classes).
- taught. Parts of my 1000 class pissed me off a bit. I need to figure out how to get a grip on them, and quick. (And dear kids: no, it is NOT law that you can go 5 or 10 over the limit before getting pulled. It's called a speed limit for a reason. It's not a speed suggestion. Just because, as a practical matter, you can generally get away with speeding around here, does not mean that you can't get pulled for 1 over.) The DVD player in the second room I use is minus a remote, which was a pain in the ass.
- Office hours. No one came. Wrote a quiz.
- Came home. Online class office hours. Oohboogie.
- Went out for my date with the vampires. Other than having to take my temperature a couple of times - I was 0.1 over their tolerance the first time, and no, telling the Red Cross "No, really, I usually run warm" does not work, though they will take it again - it went swimmingly. I sent up my next appointment (November 3), which I may very well have to reschedule, since that will be solidly into cold and flu season, but at least it's on the calendar. I need to remember to get them to tap my right arm next time, since I mostly drive with my left.
- Enchiladas and grading for dinner. Whee. :)