1. Leave a comment saying you want to be interviewed.
2. I'll reply and give you five questions to answer.
3. You'll update your LJ with the five questions answered.
4. You'll include this explanation.
5. You ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed. And it just keeps going, and going, and going.
1. So, you are thinking about graduate school. Where would you like to go?
Short answer: UNC-G.
I don't want to do a phd program right now, just a master's. That knocks out State and Carolina. Central and Charlotte have been ruled out for various and sundry reasons, leaving UNC-G. Luckily, the application deadlines for master's programs are way later than phd programs, so if I don't get in, I'll have time to consider options.
2. When did you get kitties? I saw something about it the other day and was confused as to whether you had had them before or not.
Three weeks ago today. :) If we ever get good pictures taken, I'll post some. I managed to get a decent pic of the little girl, and it's this userpic. They've been renamed Martie and Ellie, and they are currently the absolute wonder and joy of our lives. :)
3. What is your favorite tea?
You ask the impossible, for me to pick just one. :) I tend to favor Earl Grey (though lately I've been enjoying Lady Grey too [no dirty remarks from the peanut gallery, you hear? :) ]) There's a fermented Chinese tea called pu-erh that's heavily caffienated and with a really good flavor that I can't drink enough of. In the morning, if it's just me, I tend to drink English or Irish breakfast, heavy on the milk and sugar, instead of coffee (though I love me some good coffee, too.) If it's not black tea, I'll drink almost anything fruit flavored.
So basically, if it's tea, I'll drink it, except for that tea with the smokey flavor that I can't remember the name of right now.
4. What is your favorite Counting Crows song? (Yes, I peeked a look at your interests to come up with this one).
"Anna Begins" if I'm feeling depressed, "Rain King" if it's depressed and angry, and anything else they do when I'm in a good mood. :)
5. You always take such cool classes. What has been your absolute favorite class?
Oh, boy. I'm bad at picking favorites. :) I took a multi-disciplinary studies class on the history of science and religion, and how they intertwined, on my first pass through state that was excellent. I took a class on abnormal psych when I was doing the community college thing that was a lot better than I thought it was going to be, and a class on the sociology of sex that was fascinating and very informative. Since I've gotten back, I've taken a lot of great classes. Last semester my best class was on religion and politics in 20th century America; I was actively annoyed when weather cancelled that class. This semester, I have Cults, Sects, and Minority Faiths in America; Islam; and Violence, Terrorism, and Public Policy that all very much rule. I'd be hard pressed at picking a favorite in those three.