We got back up to the house, and continued getting into various stages of tipsyness. We attempted Apples to Apples, but that didn't work very well. I eventually pulled up a patch of deck and (mostly) went to sleep. I woke up at 4:00 when Amber turned off the porch light, wandered inside, was bequethed with the couch cushions, and slept like a rock on those until 9 or so, when people started waking up. Yesterday was more time in the water, some reading, some laying out and getting some sun, a little napping, more tipsyness, some Fluxx, and finally getting to eat gorski's infamous gumbo. Eventually, our little group packed up, we headed home, they dropped me off, and I was asleep inside of half an hour. Mmmmm, sleep.
Things learned this weekend:
- bkrichar is a god in the kitchen
- Drunk people + ADD + board games = bad, bad mix
- Even if it's SPF45, and even if it says super water resistant, if you go in the ocean, come out, walk up to the house for lunch, then go back and go back into the ocean, you should reapply the sunscreen. Ouch.
- I'm glad I know my limits... I know when I need to go to sleep, when I'm overpeopled and need to wander off for awhile, when I'm done drinking, when I've had enough to eat. Ok, that wasn't a learning objective, but more of a growing appreciation. :)
- ambermae knows some really nice people.
It was a lovely weekend. The travel lust is kicking in hard. Happy birthday, Amber. :)