from Betty Crocker's New Cookbook
- 2 tbs margarine or butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teas paprika
- 1 1/2 teasp choppped fresh or 1/2 dried basil
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cans condensed cream of tomato soup
- 32 ounces total canned tomatoes, undrained
1. melt margaine in 3 quart saucepan, med heat. cook onion and garlic about 2 minutes, until tender. remove from heat.
2. stir in paprika, basil, and cream cheese. gradually stir in milk and soup. beat until smooth.
3. stir in tomatoes. heat over med heat til hot.